The Pennsylvania Energy Economy Map™ uses Google maps, so you zoom or pan as you would on a standard Google Map.
There are a series of features on the Map Page. These include:
1) A legend that shows seven sectors. Items on the legend can be selected to show or remove sectors. The legend can be closed by clicking the x in the top right corner of the legend.
2) A facet bar that allows you to search and select criteria to define what type of records you want.
3) A search box that lets you put in a search word (e.g. name of a company, keyword) and search by clicking on the magnifying glass.
4) A type facet that lets you select one or more types (company, capital provider, government, organization, human resource or university.
5) An organization facet that lets you select one or more organizations.
6) A sector facet that let you select one or more sectors (this is also available in the legend feature).
7) A sub-sector facet that lets you select one or more sub-sectors.
8) A state facet that lets you select one or more states. (At present, the only states available are Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delware.)
9) A county facet that lets you select one or more counties.
10) A clear button that lets you reset to show all of the records.
When there are many records found for an area a green bubble with the number of records included in that bubble appears on the map. The size of the bubble is representative of the number of records represented by that bubble.
11) When there is not a cluster of records for an area of a map an icon showing the sector of the record will appear.
12) The box shows the current number of assets or records that are currently being displayed.
As the mapped is zoomed in or out, and as different selects are made in the facet bar, the records displayed on the map will change dynamically.
Clicking on an icon will result in additional data appearing for that record. Clicking on the x in the top right corner of an expanded record will close the box holding the additional data.